Count your blessings to find what you look for.
Yes, Adele wins the title this time. It's probably because her music is ideal for schoolwork and that's a good amount of what has been keeping me busy lately.
So instead of writing one of the many papers I have due before Tuesday, I've decided to write a blog post. The things I do make no sense. (But I can guarantee this will still feel good to release.)
First! An update: My March 27th post must have spread around town because I am, yes it's true, dating an absolutely amazing guy from school who decided to step out of his comfort zone and start a relationship with me. And let me tell you: he's made me one incredibly happy lady lately despite how busy I am. He's a graduating senior but he's definitely worth holding on to. I can totally and completely be myself around him and feel accepted and even embraced for what a huge dork I am.
: :
"If you do not allow yourself to be known, you will never experience being loved" (John F. Kavanaugh, Following Christ in a Consumer Society).
Being known doesn't mean revealing your deepest secrets to everyone around you. It's sitting outside crying about a tough experience and having the perfect people walk past, sit down, share, and cry with you. It's being able to look into someone's eyes and know you're loved no matter how weak you look. It's best friend hugs and sharing trust with a close friend. Someone said once that actions are stronger than words. My friends don't have to know my secrets or every detail about my life, but they know my passions, my strengths and weaknesses, what makes me laugh, and how to be there when I'm in need. It feels good to be loved.
: :
I'm to a point in the semester (less than 2 weeks until summer) when one of my only motivations is being able to play Fruit Ninja on my boyfriend's iTouch when I've accomplished something. Why does my physical exhaustion overcome my motivation when I'm most in need? When does a person get to a point where s/he's become so overwhelmed with school and life that motivation to get out of bed in the morning and stay up late writing a paper is gone?
Many of us overestimate our ability to function. We think we can be 4.0 students, everyone's best friend, perfectly in shape, find a job, and still have time to know ourselves. It's not that easy. We can't do everything. But hell, some people really deserve credit for trying. Those people need a shoulder more than anyone.
Oh, life. How is it that you never slow down?
: :
Things left to do before summer:
6 classes
aerobics paper
history paper
CCSJ picnic
2 rugby games
GSA bbq
exercise physiology final
aerobics final
history final
theology paper
athletic training final
philosophy final
find internship
successfully transfer job
move out
move in
: :
Wish me luck?
Sincerely,
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment