I am such a hot mess right now.
I heard there was some ridiculous stuff happening in my building, and while I wanted to help out, I didn't know anything and didn't want to get very involved. Naturally, I went to the farthest building away from where I live and started doing homework with Matt and Andrew. Shortly after my arrival I was asked to walk all the way back to my building for a quick meeting. I gladly did, but really just grew upset with the situation.
I don't understand how anyone can think it's ok to treat someone who they barely know so terribly. It's just unfair to her. I don't get what's happening with...society?..I don't even know where problems like this are rooted. One of my friends pointed out tonight that significantly more serious disciplinary action has been taken this year than most years in the past. But why? What was it in the minds of these people that made it ok for them to disrespect authority so openly and willingly? Where did real, honest respect go?
Now I know this absolutely does not apply to everyone, but it's hard to see around the really terrible stuff sometimes. Have you ever watched the nightly news? I've never seen an episode in which there are more positive things happening in the community and the world than negatives. There are people doing amazing things all over the world, and all we can show our families are the negative things happening around us. It's disappointing.
On a lighter note, I got to hang out and chat with Jack. He's such a great person, and I hope he knows it. He's half the reason I didn't go to bed until 6:30, but it's not his fault. I did drink like four cups of coffee at 1:30am. I was bound to be awake and talkative for a while.
Today's gonna be better...if I can stay awake. Soooo exhausted.
Sincerely,
Steph
I want to hug you. Soon.
ReplyDeletei am friends with the girl who was involved. make sure justice served yeah? we spend too much time worrying about what's going on across the country- but forget that people are getting hurt on our own campus daily. chin up chicka- you are fantastic!
ReplyDelete